Skip to main content

Lacy Sunflower Card



Hi everyone, Heidi here, today I have a water coloured card for you all, featuring the beautiful Kennedy Grace Creations “Sunflower“ stamp set. I choose the colours for today's project from this month's moodboard:


To get this card started I stamped the sunflower image onto some Strathmore “Bristol Smooth Surface“ card stock using Versafine “Onxy Black“ ink and clear heat embossing afterwards (I always do this when I use my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers because this way the lines stay crisp and black, no matter how much water you ad).

Next I started colouring the image using the following Clean Color Markers and my Pentel Aquabrush: Yellow, Bright Yellow, Brown, Mid Brown, May Green, Green and Haze Blue. I also added some highlights with a white Sakura Gelly Roll pen.

After the image was dry I fussy cut her out using my Fiskars scissors. I edged the cut out image with Distress ink in the colour “Tumbled Glass “.

Then I started working on the background. I die cut a piece of slightly shimmery white card stock with one of my square Crea-Nest-Lies XXL nesting dies. I ran this piece through my Big Shot using the embossing folder from the Marianne Design embossing folder and die set with number DF3416 (with a lacy pattern). I also die cut two pieces with the matching die in this set from some red glitter card stock (before die cutting I applied some Elizabeth Crafts double sided tape to the back of the glitter card stock to make adhering the elements to the card later on easier). The red elements in this card create a nice contrast with the yellow from the sunflower. After die cutting I adhered the glitter piece to the white embossed panel. To create a bit more interest for the eye I also splattered on some Coliro Pearl Colors by Finetec GmbH in the colour “Inka Gold“ and then set this panel aside to dry.


For my sentiment I choose one of the stamps from the Clearly Besotted “Mini Basic Banners “ stamp set that I stamped on white card stock using VersaMark ink and heat embossing with Ranger “Gold Super Fine Detail “ embossing powder. I went over the open lines and around the banner with a Copic Multiliner (0.3) to create a bit more contrast. I cut the banner out using the matching die and edged the banner using the same Tumbled Glass ink. Next I adhered the sentiment to the coloured sunflower image using Ranger Medium Matte.

I love to create layers on my cards, I feel this makes cards so much more interesting to look at. For this particular one I die cut a mat using a piece of matching red card stock and using one of my square stitched Crea-Nest-Lies XXL nesting dies. After the splatters dried I adhered the lacy panel to the red mat using liquid glue. These combined panels I adhered to a white linen textured card base using one millimetre thick foam tape.

To finish my card I adhered the sunflower/sentiment combination to the card using one millimetre thick foam tape and also some sparkly gold sequins in different sizes using Ranger Medium Matte.


And that finishes today’s card. I love sunflowers, I think because of their bright yellow colour, they make me feel happy!


Please be sure to follow the Kennedy Grace Creations blog, facebook, twitter, instagram and pinterest. Our Design Team has great projects to inspire you with our beautiful stamp sets. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Layered Card - Featuring Kennedy Grace Creations: Time To Blossom

Hey folks! I'm back to share a card from the Kennedy Grace Creations New Release! The stamp set I used today is the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . I really enjoyed the simplicity of this set. You could totally heat emboss this and do some fabulous watercoloring, but Copic's seems to be the way to go for me lately so that's what I did. I started by stamping the image twice on my card panel. The only masking I did was a tiny bit on the stem. The name of the game was to keep this super simple folks. As I said, I colored the images with Copic's. Another thing I enjoy about the Time To Blossom Stamp Set is that you could choose any colors you wanted. I chose red-violets and yellow-greens, but seriously peeps, whatever floats your boat and it will looks great! To finish off my card, I used a added a couple of hand drawn lines to the background and I stamped a portion of a stamp that is also in the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . That's it! Easy peasy. T

Grand Opening Blog Hop

Hello Crafty Friends! Wow it has been a long time in coming but today is our official GRAND OPENING!  We are so exited for today!! We have been planning this for a very long time and can't wait to show you.  We have lined up some of the MOST AMAZING talented ladies in the crafting world on our hop today!  We hope you will enjoy all the amazing projects they will be sharing! Our Newest release is now available in the Kennedy Grace Creations Online Store.  https://squareup.com/store/kennedy-grace-creations What I created for the hop is this beautiful card. Metallics on cards is beautiful and I like the combination of it with flowers. I am using the brand new Beautiful Blooms Sweet Rose stamps set. It is a large rose stamp set with various sentiments.  It is so detailed and very pretty.  To celebrate our GRAND OPENING - Kennedy Grace Creations will be giving away 3 random winners $25.00 gift certificates to our Online Store. All you have to d
Welcome to the CDD Stamp & Die Release Blog Hop.    All stamps & Dies are in the  CDD Shop  and no w available for purchase. You may purchase stamps and dies here   Autumn Wishes Bundle The Autumn Wishes Bundle is available for this weekend only thru Sunday.  This special price is for what is in stock only and ends 8/30 10pm MST. We also have 3 new sequins                                                      Here's what I've created for you... I created for you this really cute scarecrow garden scene card.  I stamped the adorable girly scarecrow from the Autumn Wishes stamp set on to watercolor paper in Versafine ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I colored her in with Tombow watercolor markers.  I then added some wink of Stella over the hat band and hair bands to make them pop.  I stamped several of the pumpkins, leaves, acorns and mushrooms coloring them all the same way. I then cut som