Skip to main content

Special Wedding Card


Hi everyone, Heidi here, today is my first post as a permanent member of the Kennedy Grace Creations design team. I’m thrilled to be here and I hope to bring you lots of fun projects in the upcoming months!

Today I have a not so ordinary wedding card for you all! And of course there is a story to it: a couple of days ago my father in law asked me if I could make a wedding card for a couple that is going to get married on one of the Dutch islands. I have been to this island and I know that there is a lighthouse on the island, so I asked him if it would be okay when I would incorporate a lighthouse on the card and he said yes! On the island are also bushes of which I do not know the English name: it looks like rose-hip, dune-rose or some other kind of wild rose with fairly small flowers. The flowers are usually white or pink but since this is a wedding card I felt the flowers should be red (and that would match the lighthouse nicely). So, the idea was born and the fun part could begin!

To get this card started I die cut two squares from white card stock. On one of the squares I lay out my design with the stamps that I wanted to use. I needed to have enough room for the sentiment and also a die cut circle, so that I could create the lighthouse in the background. After that was done I stamped the lighthouse from the Viva Decor “At the Seaside” stamp set with Versafine “Onyx Black” ink onto the second square panel and created the rocks under the lighthouse with a stamp from Kaisercraft called “Crackle” and using my MISTI stamping tool. 

I also stamped one of the sentiments from the Kennedy Grace Creations “Beautiful Blooms - Sweet Rose” stamp set beneath the circle with the same black ink. To create the illusion that the lighthouse is on a high point on the island I used a Dutch Doobadoo stencil called “Clouds” and some Memento “Summer Sky” ink and a foam applicator tool to give the illusion of clouds in the background. I also edged the inner side of the circle with this blue ink.


For my next step I stamped the two little flowers from the same Kennedy Grace Creations stamp set as I used for the sentiment (“Beautiful Blooms - Sweet Rose”) onto a separate piece of Canson Extra White 1557 paper. I stamped both flowers 6 times, to get 12 flowers in total and included 3 of the buds that are also in the stamp set. I love it when you can use a stamp set in multiple ways, this way you can get so much more out of your craft supplies!

After all the stamping was done I started colouring all the flowers, the lighthouse and the rocks I created. I used my Faber Castell Polychromos in the following colours: 121 / 225 / 185 / 111/ 168 / 173 / 172 / 177 / 231 / 232 / 146 and 101 (White) to burnish.
When the colouring was done I fussy cut all the flowers out and started to put this card together. I used a linen textured, white coloured card base, created a slightly bigger stitched square matte from matching red card stock and glued that red square to the card base with liquid glue. The I foam taped the two white panels together with one millimetre thick foam tape, creating the illusion that the lighthouse is more in the background. These two white panels are adhered to the red square with liquid glue.

Then I started arranging the cut out flowers at the bottom of the circle, adhering them with Ranger Medium Matte and cutting of parts that where in the way, but saving the leafs so that I could place them in other spots where I could use more greenery. The two flowers above the word “Wishing” are adhered with three millimetre thick foam tape to create more distance from the background scene.

And for my finishing touch I used some of the Kennedy Grace Creations “Moonbeams” sequins in different sizes. I love these sequins (they ad sparkle and shine but adjust in colour when you put them on different colours of background paper)!!

Have you ever created a not so ordinary wedding card? I would love to hear about it!
In the meantime I wish everybody a creative day!


Love and Laughter,
  Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grand Opening Blog Hop

Hello Crafty Friends! Wow it has been a long time in coming but today is our official GRAND OPENING!  We are so exited for today!! We have been planning this for a very long time and can't wait to show you.  We have lined up some of the MOST AMAZING talented ladies in the crafting world on our hop today!  We hope you will enjoy all the amazing projects they will be sharing! Our Newest release is now available in the Kennedy Grace Creations Online Store.  https://squareup.com/store/kennedy-grace-creations What I created for the hop is this beautiful card. Metallics on cards is beautiful and I like the combination of it with flowers. I am using the brand new Beautiful Blooms Sweet Rose stamps set. It is a large rose stamp set with various sentiments.  It is so detailed and very pretty.  To celebrate our GRAND OPENING - Kennedy Grace Creations will be giving away 3 random winners $25.00 gift certificates to our Online Store. All you have to d

One Layered Card - Featuring Kennedy Grace Creations: Time To Blossom

Hey folks! I'm back to share a card from the Kennedy Grace Creations New Release! The stamp set I used today is the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . I really enjoyed the simplicity of this set. You could totally heat emboss this and do some fabulous watercoloring, but Copic's seems to be the way to go for me lately so that's what I did. I started by stamping the image twice on my card panel. The only masking I did was a tiny bit on the stem. The name of the game was to keep this super simple folks. As I said, I colored the images with Copic's. Another thing I enjoy about the Time To Blossom Stamp Set is that you could choose any colors you wanted. I chose red-violets and yellow-greens, but seriously peeps, whatever floats your boat and it will looks great! To finish off my card, I used a added a couple of hand drawn lines to the background and I stamped a portion of a stamp that is also in the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . That's it! Easy peasy. T
Welcome to the CDD Stamp & Die Release Blog Hop.    All stamps & Dies are in the  CDD Shop  and no w available for purchase. You may purchase stamps and dies here   Autumn Wishes Bundle The Autumn Wishes Bundle is available for this weekend only thru Sunday.  This special price is for what is in stock only and ends 8/30 10pm MST. We also have 3 new sequins                                                      Here's what I've created for you... I created for you this really cute scarecrow garden scene card.  I stamped the adorable girly scarecrow from the Autumn Wishes stamp set on to watercolor paper in Versafine ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I colored her in with Tombow watercolor markers.  I then added some wink of Stella over the hat band and hair bands to make them pop.  I stamped several of the pumpkins, leaves, acorns and mushrooms coloring them all the same way. I then cut som